|Fall 2011 @ Conner Contemporary Art|
|FALL 2011 exhibition schedule:|
ERIK THOR SANDBERG | NATHANIEL ROGERS | KATIE MILLER:
Is Realism Relevant?
We say 'yes' with three concurrent solo exhibitions of new paintings by Erik Thor Sandberg, Nathaniel Rogers and Katie Miller. Six centuries after Flemish oil painting branded the early modern age, each of these DC area painters maximizes his or her command of the realist technique to express the human condition in contemporary life.
• September 10, through October 22, 2011
• September 22 - 25 | Capitol Skyline Hotel, Washington, DC
PATRICIA PICCININI: The Welcome Guest
VICTORIA F. GAITÁN Scenes of Mild Peril
2 concurrent solo exhibitions
• November 5 - December 17, 2011.
Take note: Conner /*gogo is extremely pleased to announce the representation of Victoria F. Gaitán. Ms.Gaitán's insightful photographic work will add tremendously to our roster.
LAUREN ADAMS - Plunder
• a conner/*gogo art projects special installation - September / October 2011
• SELECT EXHIBITIONS + PUBLICATIONS:
We are pleased to support the following museum exhibitions:
• No Limits: The Video Work of Janet Biggs, Tampa Museum of Art, Tampa, FL, opening October 6, 2011. traveling. catalog with contributions by: Berta Sichel, Andrea Inselmann, Nancy Princenthal, and Todd Smith.
• Videonale #13, National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts in Taichung / Taiwan - Fall 2011
Janet Biggs will speak at The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, DC on Thursday October 27, 2011. Details forthcoming.
Janet Biggs will perform WET EXIT at Smak Mellon, Brooklyn NYC - September 23 + 24, 2011. 8:30pm sharp. Waterfront Amphitheater in the Brooklyn Bridge Park.
• Finalist for the annual Trawick prize. September 7, 2011.
• Austrian Cultural Forum, Washington, DC - with: Alan Cicmak (D), Thomas Gänszler (A), Maureen Kägi (CH). September 23 - December 31, 2011.
• Italians Do It Better, 54th Venice Biennale, Sala dei Laneri, Venice, June 2011
curated by Domenico Quaranta.
• Born in Venice, 54th Venice Biennale, Palazzo Loredan, Venice, June 4 - November 27. curated by Peter Noever.
• Modified Spaces' - Fourth Guangzhou Triennial, Guangdong Museum of Art.
September 22 - November 22, 2011
• We are pleased to support: Leo Villareal: survey, opening at the San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, CA, traveling to the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art, Overland Park, KS, Nevada Museum of Art, Reno, NV, and the Telfair Museum of Art, Savannah, GA . catalog, 192 pgs. published by Hatje Cantz Verlag.
For further information on Gallery artists + exhibitions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conner Contemporary Art is located in the historic Atlas / H Street corridor @
1358 Florida Avenue, NE - Washington, DC 20002.
Fall Hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 10am-5pm.
Erik Thor Sandberg
Untitled (detail) 2011, oil on curved wood panel.
Please email gallery for details