Language and login selector start
Language and login selector end
Lehmbruck Museum

Lehmbruck Museum

Public Institution
 
Lehmbruck Museum Well known throughout Europe for its outstanding collection of modern international sculpture, this museum offers an unusual combination of exceptional architecture placed in a sculpture park, as well as sculpture sited within the urban environs.
Operating since 2000 as a foundation, the institute´s history traces back to the Museum Association in 1902 and the Municipal Art Museum, founded in 1925.

The institution has concentrated on German sculpture ever since 1925 and after 1958 has extended the focus to include international works. The museum wings were constructed in two phases (1964, 1987) and designed by Manfred Lehmbruck and the architectural team Lembruck/Hänsch. Begun in 1990, the sculpture park contains 40 works, many of which were created especially for their specific site.

Commencing with the life work of Wilhelm Lehmbruck and his contemporaries, the world of art encounters sculpture from all over the world in an exhibition space of 5000 square meters.
Monographically and thematically grouped exhibition rooms are sequentially arranged in an open space. Paintings, works on paper and the new media complement the sculptural collection.
The goal of all museum activities is to convey a vivid impression of the quality, development and range of modern sculpture to visitors from all walks of life.
Foundation year: 1964
Director(s): Dr. Söke Dinkla (Direktorin)
Employees: Andreas Benedict, Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
  • ArtFacts.Net - your experienced service provider

    Since its start in 2001, ArtFacts.Net™ developed a sophisticated artist database through its collaboration with international art fairs, galleries, museums and artists.