|SH contemporary 2011 - the 5th edition: all that is new in Shanghai (21.2.2011)|
||SH Contemporary 2011 will take place from September 8th to 10th, 2011 with Preview on September 7th at the extraordinary Shanghai Exhibition Center located in downtown.|
As a fair which represents and serves the Asia Pacific, in the city that is the historical and future hub of the region, SH Contempo rary continues to highlight galleries that privilege research and innovative artistic practices, presenting the creative trends that are crossing Shanghai, China and Asia, and changing the global cultural landscape.
Under the new direction of Massimo Torrigiani, SH Contemporary 2011 will be organized into 5 main sections:
1. The Art Show, with around 100 of the finest, carefully selected Chinese, Asia Pacific and international galleries.
2. A New Entries section with smaller booths devoted to emerging art and photography galleries that participate in SH Contemporary for the first time.
3. First Issue, an invitation-only exhibition curated in collaboration with a team of curators, featuring Asia Pacific artists who had their first show in 2010-2011. This section will provide collectors and art lovers with an insightful selection of the newest, least-seen emerging art from the region, including new video, film and animation works.
4. Hot Spots, a special section, by invitation only, curated by SH Contemporary in collaboration with a team of curators, displaying site-specific projects produced by some of the most important Asia Pacific and international artists, supported by their galleries, for spaces inside and outside the fair.
5. The Asia Pacific Photography Prize - for established and new artists presented by their galleries - awarded by an international jury of photographers, editors, curators and critics.
In cooperation with Shanghai’s most important private and public art and cultural institutions, a full programme of exhibition openings, studio visits, and art events will be offered throughout the days of the fair so that collectors and art lovers may have a full “art experience” in Shanghai, one of the new epicentres of contemporary creativity and one of the world’s most lively and interesting cities.
Visitors will also find at the fair a bookshop dedicated to art periodicals and small independent Asia Pacific and international publishers, with magazine and book presentations.
A full VIP and collector’s programme - part of the CDP, the Collector’s Development Programme implemented by SH Contemporary - will be available, including tailor-made services, private exhibition views, guided tours, special dinners and parties, in collaboration with institutional partners and sponsors.